A Polyethylene Sea Kayak That Takes Day & Weekend Trips Seriously
The Virgo is a compact but uncompromising sea kayak for weekend warriors, at a length which provides ample hull speed for short to medium journeys whilst keeping the boat weight to a minimum, making it easier to handle all the way from lifting it off the car, through a trip full of unique experiences, to lifting it back onto the car at the end of a great adventure.
The compact design and a defined carving rail combine to give responsive manoeuvrability for exploring varied coastline environments, and high stability ensures you can venture into the unknown with confidence too.
Packing in all the essential features you’d expect of any other sea kayak in the P&H range, including a low-profile back deck for easy rolling and re-entry, and the option of a Bow Mini Hatch just in front of the paddler, round out the Virgo’s design to make it something that’ll be a pleasure both to own and paddle.
- A V-hull cuts cleanly through the water and tracks beautifully but softens towards the centre of the boat for comfortable stability and easy release.
- Moderate rocker allows the Virgo to pick up and carry speed efficiently when flat but swing around effortlessly on edge.
- Hard chines engage for carving performance when edging into the turn.
- A moderately steep bow ensures a high proportion of the length acts as effective waterline for hull speed.
- Flared bow edges give a dry ride through choppy water and lift the boat over waves on the paddle out from the shore.
- Carefully planned bow deck geometry provides stiffness and strength for deep water rescues.
- A low, ergonomically shaped rear deck allows easy rolling and re-entry, with a paddle shaft recess for bracing during entry.
- Bulkheaded bow and stern main hatches with market-leading KajakSport hatch covers for secure storage and a reliable seal.
- Functional details such as split paddle recesses, a drop-forged, anodised aluminium security point, a paddle park, and a full complement of deck lines and bungees.
- P&H’s famously comfortable, highly-adjustable and reliable Connect outfitting.
- A Silva 70P compass (northern or southern hemisphere variants are available) fitted to the moulded recess in front of the bow hatch.
- CoreLite X construction for hull stiffness and minimal weight, or MZ3 construction for high impact resistance.
- Bow Mini Hatch for close-to-hand storage of on-the-water essentials like snacks and sun cream.
- P&H Sail System mounted using the moulded-in inserts.
- Standard skeg for simplicity and easy maintenance, or Skudder for the best of both a skeg and a rudder.
- CoreLite X models feature the advanced MKII Skeg Slider System control; MZ3 models come with a simple cleat & cord skeg control.
Weight (CX): 23.5kg
Weight (MZ3): 24.5kg
P&H Deck Size: Large
Paddler Weight Range: 45 – 100kg